IT professional seeking positions in system administration, systems analysis, database administration, and support. Seeking to continually expand knowledge of business operations and computer systems, and to further own professional development.
Bachelor of Business Administration, Cum Laude
Western Michigan University, Haworth College of Business
Major: Computer Information Systems, Minor: General Business
Graduation Date: June 2011
Overall GPA: 3.54 / 4.00
IT Analyst - Community Housing Network Inc.
- Acting as primary administrator for a variety of Windows services, including Active Directory, MS SQL Server, Exchange, Remote Desktop Services, Hyper-V, and SharePoint, for a company of 90+ employees.
- Acting as primary administrator for a variety of Linux-based services, including LAMP servers, Graylog, Nagios, FreePBX, and KVM hypervisors.
- Administrating network (DNS, DHCP, VPNs) and phone systems (VOIP PBXs) for the main office and satellite offices.
- Providing help desk support and other systems services to over 90 Windows users, both in-office and working in the field.
- Focusing on centralized management of the environment via Group Policy, Ansible, and PDQ Deploy.
- Since May 2017, acting as the HIPAA Security Officer for the organization.
- Writing, maintaining, and implementing company IT policy and HIPAA compliance policies.
August 2011 - Present
System Administrator - wvwintel.com & maguuma.org (volunteer/personal project)
- Acting as administrator for a LEMP server, running a variety of services and web applications.
October 2013 - Present
Systems Assistant Lead - WMU Office of Admissions
- Developed procedures and performed department operations in Sungard Banner.
- Assisted in administration, operation, and procedure development in EMAS Pro (MS SQL).
- Assisted in imaging operations and setup for imaging stations for Perceptive ImageNow CMS.
- Provided systems support, repair, maintenance, virus removal and other services to over 50 Windows users.
- Wrote IT process instruction manuals and created form templates for staff.
August 2008 - August 2011
Data Center Technician - Whirlpool Corporation, Kalamazoo Datacenter
- Performed transports and collected statistical data in SAP.
- Monitored AS/400 systems, reported errors to systems analyst staff.
- Performed manual tape exchanges in Benton Harbor Datacenter.
June 2008 - August 2008
Systems Administrator - Barber and Associates, CPAs
- Provided systems support, repair, maintenance, and virus removal for 15 Windows users.
- Administered a Windows network running Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange Server 2003.
- Performed archive imaging of tax returns and other financial documents.
May 2007 - May 2008
Skills & Aptitudes
- Microsoft Windows Server
- GNU/Linux, Ubuntu, Debian
- FreeNAS, OSX
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- PDQ Deploy, WDS
- Ansible, Clonezilla
- TCP/IP, Subnetting
- DHCP, DNS, RADIUS
- WatchGuard, pfSense
- IPSEC & SSL VPNs
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Openfire XMPP
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Project, Visio
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Git, osTicket
Programming & Scripting
- PHP, HTML5, CSS
- Bash, Powershell
- SQL, C#, VB.NET
- Microsoft SQL Server
- MySQL Server, MariaDB
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft IIS
- Strong writing skills
- Good email etiquette
- Good documentation habits
- Calm and professional disposition
Available upon request.